Early Bird Night Owl is seeking a Controller/Finance leader who enjoys building structure in an entrepreneurial environment.
The Corporate Controller is responsible for the company’s day-to-day execution, ensuring accounting and statistical records are accurate and in line with generally accepted accounting principles. This individual will work directly with hotel General Manager and the EBNOH Executive Team to assist in reporting, forecasting, and analyzing financial and operational results, as well as conducting analyses to support better business decisions.
We are looking for a key player who is able to combine knowledge of both finance and operations in an environment where he/she is willing to roll up their sleeves to understand the details of a problem and to bring practical solutions to the table. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest of standards for a fluctuating number of hotels in the portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversees the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Review forecasts and budgets prepared by hotel management team to ensure that the General Manager(s) and Executive Management Team are provided with guidelines of performance that are both reasonable and achievable.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through educating the General Manager on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Strives to build and maintain good and productive relationships with all team members
- Oversee and implement all aspects of company payroll, compensation, and benefits programs.
- Manage all payroll and human resources related software systems and programs.
- Prepare accurate cash flow statements and projections on a monthly basis and on request.
- Provide strong and dynamic leadership to a general accounting and financial report teams
- Reconcile vendor statements routinely and maintain vendor master files.
- Ensure that all invoices are reviewed and processed accurately and in a timely manner, meeting all discount and payment deadlines.
- Understand, manage, and generate the weekly check run payments to vendors.
- Ensure all legal, treasury, and tax documentation is properly maintained and secured, and that all statuary and fiscal reporting requirements are satisfied, which includes any governmental requirements for permits and licenses.
- Ensure adequate insurance coverage is maintained to protect the assets of the hotel with particular regard to the requirements contained in the hotel’s management contract.
- Execute all day-to-day banking needs and deposits, bank, and credit card reconciliations.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by the way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the company and hotels’ assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Ensure compliance with all management agreements and contracts and attendant legal documents; Gains full understanding of how those documents translate into financial responsibilities and how they may affect both the hotel’s and Corporate’s financial position.
- Keeps General Manager and company Executive Team promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- All other duties and responsibilities assigned by the company
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Be honest, reliable, and timely
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
- Exceptional work ethic
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills a must.
- Responsive team player with ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Tenacity and ability to maintain peak performance levels under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably accounting background, or equivalent relevant experience.
- C.P.A. is preferred but not required
- 5+ years’ experience managing the accounting and finance process; Hospitality business experience strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, local accounting principles, and statutory tax rules and requirements
- Familiarity with M3 Hospitality Accounting and Analytics Software strongly preferred
- Previous experience with Opera PMS; and Micros POS; and Payroll Software; advanced skills in MS Excel and MS software products systems beneficial
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Good knowledge of the English language is mandatory as well as the ability to speak, read and write clearly. Must be able to read and listen to instructions, memos, short correspondences, and messages.Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.