Early Bird Night Owl, a growing boutique hotel management company, seeks a Marketing Specialist to assist with social media, community events, and other marketing tasks for The Durham Hotel in downtown Durham NC and The Mayton in downtown Cary NC.
The Marketing Specialist will manage social media marketing, community events, and other marketing tasks for two independent Triangle-area hotels. This position will work with property stakeholders (such as the general manager, sales team, and food & beverage teams) to amplify the property and drive engagement with the local community and customer market segments. The Marketing Specialist will create visual and written content such as photos and videos; increase engagement and followers on our social channels; ideate, plan, and execute events that appeal to our communities while supporting business goals; and assist the VP of Marketing with other marketing tasks (such as email marketing, paid media, website management, SEO, reporting, etc.).
- Manage and program the hotels’ social media channels, ensuring consistency of brand voice and visuals while bringing to life the various aspects of the properties (food and beverage, guest experience, corporate meetings, private dining, community partners, etc.)
- Oversee the creation, execution, and promotion of events aimed to welcome and engage the local community in interesting, creative, and inspiring ways
- Update copy, information, and visuals on our digital channels (website, business listings, etc.) ensuring that brand voice and aesthetic is constant, and information is accurate and compelling
- Assist property teams with visual collateral such as signage and informational postings in guest rooms and throughout the hotel
- Assist in the creation and scheduling of all email marketing and automated communication with guests
- Suggest new promotions to drive revenue and partnerships to engage the local community and engender positive sentiment while considering the bottom line
- Work effectively and in alignment with on-property Sales, Food & Beverage, and Operations leaders
- Compile measurement and analysis of social media and event performance on a monthly basis. Use this data to inform and improve future marketing efforts.
- Some social media, marketing, and/or event planning experience is preferred
- Strong communicator with excellent writing skills who can effectively convey and juggle manage different brand voices
- Strong sense of visual style and design. Photography and/or graphic design skills are a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop
- Passion for food and beverage, hospitality, and the Durham and/or Cary communities is ideal
- Proactive, disciplined, and comfortable working independently
- Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Team player who can effectively work with counterparts from different departments to get things done
- Skilled at establishing effective relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and focus on multiple priorities at a time
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends, dependent on community event schedule
Early Bird Night Owl is based in Durham NC. The Marketing Specialist will be expected to visit each hotel 1-2 times per week and may work remotely otherwise.
VP of Marketing
$45,000-$50,000 dependent on experience; paid time off and holiday pay
Submit a cover letter and resume to careers [at] ebnoh [dot] com. Please include examples of past social media, photography, writing, and/or event planning work if available. Finalist candidates will be asked to meet with our VP of Marketing and CRO for an in-person interview and may be asked to complete a paid exercise to develop sample social media posts.